Frequently Asked Questions
# Why did you make this?
RunMyCode Online has been primarily made for developers to quickly tinker with code. The aim is to enable developers to test a piece of code directly from browser without installing anything.
Some use cases include:
- For professors - Grading programming assignments directly on Github in browser
- For students - Reading, writing and even executing programming assignments all from Github in browser without worrying about installing compilers or git
- For developers - Quickly run code you are browsing on Github
- Run small piece of code online from a browser through CodeSheet
# Can I use RunMyCode Online API in my own app?
Yes, you can. But please do not use the RunMyCode Online hosted version in production or anything that can implode universe. It is not meant be. Also, there are time and network restrictions in the hosted version. Since all code is open source, I would suggest to host the service yourself if you are going to use this heavily and don't want any limits.
# Why do I need to authenticate?
RunMyCode Online is a free service by a single developer. To restrict abuse, a key is required to use it. Your key will be generated once you authenticate yourself using any of the auth providers on the home page. This service only needs access to name and email and once the key is generated, you can immediately revoke RunMyCode Online's access from the auth provider. Concerned about your data?
# How is the key used?
Your key is used to authenticate and meter your usage.
# What are the limitations?
- Code should be a standalone program in a single file
- 1000 runs per month
- 5 seconds time limit for each run
- No internet access from code
# Which browser extensions are available?
# How do I configure the extension?
You don't need to. On install, the extension will redirect to RunMyCode Online dashboard to auto-configure itself. If you are already authenticated, then you are done. Otherwise you will be prompted to authenticate following which extension will auto-configure itself.
If you are still facing issue, follow this YouTube video: Configuring RunMyCode Online Extension.
# What are the supported languages?
- C (GCC 7.2)
- C++ (GCC 7.2)
- Java 8
- Nodejs 6.10
- Python 2.7
- Python 3.6
- Ruby 2.2
- PHP 7
- Go 1.7
# What are the supported sites for browser extensions?
All the supported version control sites have support for running standalone code from view, edit and new file pages.
# Why delay in usage data?
That is how AWS API Gateway reports it.
- Only your name and email are accessed from auth provider and stored
- Name and email are used just to associate with a key
- No mail will be sent to your email unless there is an abuse detected
- No code run is stored unless there is an abuse detected
- Some data might be collected by Google Analytics
- Any more concerns? Please email to email@example.com
# Will I be able to use RunMyCode Online after I logout?
Yes. You can still use already configured browser extensions. Logout simply deletes data stored by RunMyCode Online website. You won't be able to use CodeSheet though. You will get the same key if you log back in.
# How do I delete my account?
To prevent possible abuse, currently there is no delete button on the site. Please email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the email id you authenticated with. Sorry for this inconvenience.
# Where is the source code?
# How do I contact you?
Please email to email@example.com